if you’re a gym goer, or even if you run outside, you might be interested in this 35 minute interval workout mix i put…
i was compiling my favourite cover songs and thought it would be a pretty great playlist to share. the list was so long that…
my copy of the miseducation of lauryn hill was basically the soundtrack to my life when i was 15 (as well as the fugees,…
a new music mix for you! mostly newish music, but one old (superb) paul simon tune thrown in for good measure. song list is…
i know i’ve contributed plenty to the 38,000+ views that she & him’s cover of fools rush in has garnered on , but if…
new goldfrapp music video directed by legs Q: How would you describe this video in under 140 characters? A: Goldfrapp leads Black Metal heads…
one of my favourite songs is blue ridge mountains, which i’ve been listening to a lot lately. so i decided to see if there was perhaps a music video attached, but instead found this amazing that they did in an abandoned wing of the in paris. wow, gives me goosebumps. the song starts at about 3:30
in the quivering forest / where the shivering dog rests / our good grandfather / built a wooden nest / and the river got frozen / and the home got snowed in / and the yellow moon glowed bright / till the morning light[audio:http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/8/6/2037036//Fleet Foxes – Blue Ridge Mountains.mp3]
so, i really liked sharing my first playlist with you and was super happy when i got a few nice people telling me they enjoyed it. here is installment number two. something happy and upbeat to get you through this sudden plunge into winter (even though winter makes me happy anyway, but this music just makes things sweeter).
, the song list is as follows:
- mumford & sons – winter winds
- band of horses – dilly
- the morning benders – i wanna be like you (jungle book cover)
- fanfarlo – what makes you think you’re the one
- pelle carlberg – clever girls like clever boys mucher more than clever boys like clever girls
- laura marling – crawled out of the sea (interlude)
- thao & the get down, stay down – bag of hammers
- rogue wave – solitary gun
- albert hammond jr. – holiday
- shiny toy guns – season of love
- human highway – all day
lady in the water, taken in 1947 for harper’s bazaar (no photoshop, guaranteed) and the weirdest thing, as i was writing this post this…
posted such a great little at their blog the other day, so i decided i’m going to share one i’ve been playing quite often lately (i’m an obsessive playlist maker). some mellow, some happy, some old & some new stuff.
. the track list is as follows …
- bombay bicycle club – always like this
- noah and the whale – two atoms in a molecule
- paul simon – me and julio down by the schoolyard
- two door cinema club – something good can work (ted & francis remix)
- the morning benders – excuses
- she & him – please, please, please, let me get what i want
- billie the vision & the dancers – a beautiful night as oslo
- broken bells – the mall & misery
- the cure – close to me
- peter gabriel – solsbury hill
[the image above is from ]
you probably enjoyed the musical stylings of the cranberries at some point in the mid nineties. i love their big hits as much as the next person (linger, dreams, zombie) … but when you’re gone has always been my favourite cranberries track. i had it on tape and played it over and over on my walkman. do you know how difficult that is to do with a tape? you have to rewind and then find the right place… oh man! but it was worth it.
two door cinema club is made up of three irish boys who make great indie-electro-pop tunes (think bombay bicycle club, local natives, pheonix, pasison…
radical face – welcome home, son (highly recommended) i watched the vicious kind last night and this song played during a pivotal point of…
it took me a while to warm up to . i think i had my fall in love moment when listening to at full blast on that leafy drive from the southern suburbs over the mountain to hout bay (if you know cape town, you’ll know).
i have high hopes for their new album head first – due out march 22nd. these songs should be listened to with good headphones (or in a car with an excellent sound system, whilst taking a leafy drive).